Action RPG in DFK Project 4.2.0

Are you familiar with how they are doing this kind of combat on chain securely?

Bless, I really like this idea, and I love the previous posterā€™s mention of Octopath Traveller - easily my favorite retro-styled game since FF Tactics. Anything DFK can do to add utility to Jewel, and especially gold will do great things for the ecosystem.

While I have a CS degree and can keep up conceptually when people talk about programming, I havenā€™t coded anything in years, so I wouldnā€™t be much help there . I do have a good bit of experience with project management, and prior to that did a lot of work in the Business Analyst and Quality Assurance/Testing roles. Iā€™d love to be involved on that front if you need the help.

Thanks for sharing your idea - looking forward to seeing how this develops!

1 Like

This is interesting! I remember playing one of the gauntlet games in an arcade when I was younger.

A few quick ideas that this spurred

-Similar to our current questing environment, when you make a transaction to send your hero on a quest and then complete it to get the rewards those items/enemies in the quest could be decided with the first transaction and then placed randomly around the stage.
The player goes from the start to the end, fighting each enemy on the way and unlocking treasure chests that contain the token rewards, each enemy defeated could tally up to give exp or gold and hp/mana lost tracked and depleted upon completion. there could be secret areas with an extra reward, if you donā€™t explore everywhere you might not get all the drops.

This could overlay current quests and get similar drops from those quests. We could choose which profession/training/etc quests the action rpg uses, like a game mode or dungeon system that may make it easier to develop and incorporate new quests/content.

1 Like

Bless, this is a great idea. I came to write this point that C5000 mentioned. Crypto Raiders (CR) is a great implementation of a crypto dungeon crawler. Iā€™m not sure exactly how they do this from a technical on-chain standpoint but essentially you sign your metamask onto an account made on their website. Items collected are linked to a character. I believe only the character is an nft but the items are not. Perhaps it can be implemented in a way similar to what DFK arena is doing, in which characters are staked for a period of time.

Iā€™ll try and give a brief rundown of Crypto Raiders gameplay. There may be some ideas that can be leveraged with DFK in a similar style:

1. Characters are allotted 7 raids a week and players can choose from 18 (as of now) dungeons to play each of those raids. Beating the dungeon earns an item (perhaps this would be similar to items earned from profession quests). Players can purchase more raids if they want to raid more or level faster to fight a more challenging dungeon (gives stamina potions more utility). In CR, players can also craft health potions and use them during raids so this can also give health potions utility.
  2. There is an endless dungeon mode, which characters have 1 per day to raid through an endless wave of mobs until they die. My thought in how DFK could implement this is players can stake their heroes to act as mobs in this ā€œendless dungeonā€. CR has this same concept with players being able to purchase mobs rather than characters ā€“ they just havenā€™t implemented this utility yet.
  3. PVP Tournaments. This is actually how most of the ROI is earned by people having characters, and grinding dungeons to earn higher levels. They have daily and weekly tournaments that is loved by the community. There will always be an element of pay-to-win with these but they get around it by having tournaments by different criteria (from a DFK perspective, it could be by level, class, rarity + one of previous, etc.). CR provides the prize pool for these tournaments but Iā€™d imagine a buy-in method would also be attractive to the dfk community.

Happy to share more of my experience with this if you wanted to learn more.

1 Like

Very interesting thoughts and Ideas!
Please, if anyone would like to collaborate and discuss feel free to DM me on Discord
Bless#9326

Please contact me via
Discord
Bless#9326

Please contact me when you are able, via
Discord
Bless#9326

This is a really fun and interesting idea. Iā€™m excited to see what your proposal will look like as you flush it out and create a team and plan. Given that this is in the idea stage, and after our meeting this week, I encourage you to create a proposal and submit it here. Until then I am going to move this thread to the collaboration channel for there to be continued discussion with our community about what this could look like and who could help create it. You could also let me know if you would prefer to have it moved to the brainstorming channel instead.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. The Team for this proposal is already filling out and the idea has started to moved into actual content. I look forward to our next meeting as we continue to get feedback from the community and what they would like to see from this project.

Anyone interested in giving feedback, ideas or helping with this project please feel free to contact me via Discord.

Bless#9326

Thank You DFK FAM!

This Project will continue in Community Collaboration Channel as mentioned by Sunbear above!

Continuing Project 4.2.0

LF Digital Animation Artist
LF Pixel Artists
LF New Ideas, Community Feedback, Resources,

Current Team:

• Project Design Manager
  • Assistant Project Manager
  • Software Engineer
  • 2D/3D Modeling Artist
  • Pixel Artist
  • Audio Production Tech

Lets Build, Lets Grow, Lets Cooperateā€¦

What we need from our team members:

Team Information

ā€œList and describe the team you have assembled. Include roles, experience, and expertise related to the project. The more you are willing to share about your team, their abilities, and their past work, the more trust the community will likely have in your projectā€

Defi Kingdom Family, Please feel free to share and continue to share your feedback, thoughts and Ideas here!

Some Concept Art:

Current Feedback:

-Increase Gaia Tear Initial Entry Cost
-Increase Experience gain per Difficulty Increase
-No Stamina required within dungeon, Global Cooldowns and Character UI
-More Hero Burn Mechanics

New Ideas, Current On-going Implementations:

Raids / PvP / Endless Dungeon Function / Tower of Ascension / Monster and Boss Mechanics / Guild Events / Active Combat / Combat and Magic Animations / Combat and Magic Audio / Monster Statistics and Analyses / Jewel Burn Mechanics / Loot Distribution / Items / Equipment / Map Customization / Weather Modifications / Dungeon Restrictions - Requirements / Journal for Progress Progression / MobDex / Skill Tree / Combat Mechanics

*-Pushing the Envelope One Day at a Time *
Join us in this Endeavour!

Discord Bless#9326 (best way to contact me)

Youtube

Email
DFKatMIDNIGHT@gmail.com

3 Likes

So the entry would be in tears and doesnā€™t require any stamina right? I think that would be great because then people would do this while stamina recharging after questing.

1 Like

No Stamina Required for Entry. Stamina will be used solely for Gathering Materials in Profession and Training Quests for example within this Concept.

The Tear count however will need to be adjusted to fit the DFK platform.

1 Like