DFKEarn.com Grant Proposal (Guild Rental System & Hero Pricing Tool)

We are considering implementing one of the following projects. The choice will be made based on the feedback of the community and DFK team.

Project 1: Hero Pricing Tool

The tool is implemented by us on Harmony chain: DFKEarn, and we’d like to provide the same tool on DFKChain.

Description

Build a tool to help users get a better understanding of a Hero/Pet NFT’s value.

Value add to DFK Game and DFKChain

We’ve noticed that the difficulty of pricing will affect the liquidity. A lot of users are not trading their assets, simply because it’s very hard for them to price their assets. This tool will greatly boost the liquidity of Hero/Pet NFTs. Also, this tool is useful for arbitrageurs to find undervalued assets.

Project 2: Guild Rental System

Description

Build a system to help guild lend their NFTs (Hero, Pet) to retail users:

• Borrower has to put up collateral and select the desired item/amount/timeframe

• A rental fee is charged from borrower once borrower receives the items

• Lender could withdraw the collateral if borrowed NFTs are not returned after the expiration time

• Borrower could get back the collateral after returning borrowed NFTs

Value add to DFK Game and DFKChain

An efficient rental system will vastly improve the willingness of Guild to buy more DFK assets, it also lowers the entry barrier for retail users to enter the game. In general, it’s a very important component of the game ecosystem.

Grant Rationale

To cover the cost of development, testing, auditing & server.

Grant Amount

We are applying for the $25,000 grant.

But we prefer the business model of splitting fee by smart contracts. Grant model is unsustainable. If the DFK team is willing to cooperate with us and adopt some of our smart contracts to the main game interface, we don’t think grant support is needed.

For the DFK team, the roadmap is very complex, and we suggest handing over some edge-to-detail smart contracts to the community team for cooperation. Try not to do the same job twice in the same community. At present, no third-party team’s contract has been included in the DFK core contract, which is a waste to the prosperous DFK community ecology. We hope DFK can be more inclusive and establish a broad cooperation mechanism. Under the current market environment, we hope the community (especially the official and community Solidity developer teams) can be united. Everyone has made great efforts for DFK. It is time to work together.

Team Information

We’ve developed dfkearn.com on Harmony chain. It’s a collection of DApps serving DFK users. We are willing to integrate some products into the DFK core contracts and become DFK build-in functions to promote the prosperity of this ecosystem.

• HeroBank: hero asset management tool, allow guilds to compete with each other on the DFK Leaderboard. It has the support of 6600+ heroes, and 3 guilds (0xG, PDE, Alpha Gaming).

• FixedPriceMarket / AuctionMarket: OTC marketplace for low-liquidity DFK items (Egg, Eternal Story Page, etc)

• WhaleWatch & Alert: monitor the wallets of $JEWEL $CRYSTAL whales

Requests from DFK Team

• Give us the approval to develop on DFKChain

• The guide of development process on DFKChain

Deliverables

• Smart Contracts

• Tests

Payment Schedule

• $12,000 on grant approval

• $13,000 on delivery of contract deployment

Timeline with Milestones

• Alpha version of smart contracts - 1 month

• Code review/Auditing by DFK team - 2 weeks

• Contract deployment + UI launch - 1 week

Long Term Plan

The project will be maintained and updated by the DFKEarn team. We have an active community around it.

External Links

https://dfkearn.com/

13 Likes

Awesome project and amazing team!

Making the guild aspect of DFK a reality and I’m 100% sure they will add more and more useful and great tools to the arsenal.

Having an auction for the items like eggs at the moment is the best way in my opinion to have it handled as no one wants to put those valuable pets into an LP.

Would love to see this team get the grant!

2 Likes

This proposal would be a huge value for dfk users and the team. Already working with dfk- earn and the team was always willing to help. Good team + Great product = Great contribution!

Awesome project, making the game way more fun for me.
But if you are going to request 25k to develop it then the whole you earning from the service would need to be removed, just enough to cover server costs and not an earning model. As you have been paid to develop it and its not an investment.

I have been using DFK since the first month of its creation.

This group is my permanent go to when using DFK.

They are the best out there as far as third party support linked to DFK.

You think a one time payment covers monthly server costs for life + updates and new pieces that always have to be adjusted? Doesnt work like that

Im a big user of DFKEarn and I fully support this team!

Not what i am saying, I am saying it should not be “for profit” when you receive money for development. You are then there to serve the community and that only. So then you are not “for profit” but to just get enough to cover costs.

1 Like

We prefer the business model of splitting fee by smart contracts. Grant model is unsustainable. If the DFK team is willing to cooperate with us and adopt some of our smart contracts to the main game interface, I don’t think grant support is needed.

For the DFK team, we know the roadmap is very complex, and we suggest handing over some edge-to-detail smart contracts to the community team for cooperation. Try not to do the same job twice in the same community.

We are willing to integrate some products into the DFK core contracts and become DFK build-in functions to promote the prosperity of this ecosystem.

At present, no third-party team’s contract has been included in the DFK core contract, which is a waste to the prosperous DFK community ecology. We hope DFK can be more inclusive and establish a broad cooperation mechanism. Under the current market environment, we hope the community (especially the official and community Solidity developer teams) can be united. Everyone has made great efforts for DFK. It is time to work together.

I support this proposal by the developers of DFK Earn. This team have been great contributors and evangelists of many of DFK’s top guilds and DFK communities, including PDE, OxG, and Alpha Gaming DAO.

I don’t claim to know all of the details or roadmap considerations, but this grant would open a great communication channel and, in my mind, add a huge differentiator for the DFK Chain where gamefi passive income can be a reality, with users buying more heroes to boost their treasury, $JEWEL, and therefore the in-game economy.

Let’s open this communication channel and build together!

Note: There was a concern around DFK Earn wallets winning leaderboards. Creating a dialogue in the form of this grant would allow DFK and DFKEarn to come up with a shared roadmap and win win situations so that both automation and non-automation guilds can co-exist.

Let’s be honest… the only people winning these wallet leaderboards are the top 10 whales. They were not designed to be competitive within the broad community. The dfkearn tool has made it possible for guilds to pool their resources together and compete against the whales.

The creativity and development of the pooling contract is just an example of how much this team has to offer the community.

the most important and trusted 3rd party tool in the dfk community. essential to dfk and deserves its spot to build on dfk chain

I don’t like the leaderboards at all, at the moment to be honest.

Love DFKearn and the team and give my full support to this initiative

This tool on harmony has really improved my experience with DFK heroes. Even if you don’t want to trust your heroes in their EOA, you can use the marketplace to safely auction your inventory and also buy rare items like pages.

These guys are the real deal and create some awesome tools that compliment the game. Full support from me